The option for filing your tax returns online through the e-filing website can be used by individuals obtaining salary income. Furthermore, it is essential to consider the factor of eligibility for online tax filing India which implies that an individual must be validated by using the ITR 4 or ITR 1 form. You would also be amazed to find the opportunities of filing income tax returns online without the need to download any software or form. It is essential to focus on the unique stage wise procedure which could enable you to address your online tax filing concerns without any additional support.
A clear depiction of the online tax filing India steps presented below could act as a promising source for filing the form online, providing the relevant inputs of information and online submission in the final stage with minimal setbacks.
1. The first step towards filing your income tax returns online involves visiting the site which is the official e-filing website.
2. First-time users have to register themselves on the website by clicking on ‘New Registration’ tab followed by input of relevant information and profile creation. The user has to look into the mandatory fact that the email ID and phone number provided during the creation of the profile should be active and functioning. The user has to set a feasible password for the user ID. The provision of the authentic and active phone number and email ID is significant in case of the online income tax filing India steps owing to the purpose of communication by the income tax department.
The registration process is completed through an activation link provided to the new user through email and a one-time password through the mobile number. Registered users could access the website by clicking on ‘Registered user’ tab on the homepage of the website. Users could also obtain promising assistance from the customer care center which can be contacted through the helpline number that can be obtained by clicking on the ‘Customer care tab’.
3. In this step, the user has to click on the login tab followed by the input of the details required by the website such as the date of birth of the user, PAN, captcha code and password. The sign in process is completed after entering all valid details and clicking on the log-in button found at the bottom of the form.
4. The sign of leads you to a personal account dashboard where an ‘e-file’ tab can be found. Clicking on the ‘e-file’ tab opens up a pop down which has various options among which you have to click on ‘Prepare and Submit online ITR’.
5. The next step in online tax filing India would involve selection of the assessment year and appropriate form for filing the return. The address that would be input at this stage can be obtained from the PAN database or from the returns that were filed previously. Users also have the option of providing a new address.
Another important concern that should be followed by the user is the inquiry of the department whether the user wants to provide a digital signature for filing the return. The digital signature to be provided in the return should be registered previously in the official income tax website.
6. The website redirects the user to a page intended for filing out the form selected by them by clicking the ‘Submit’ button after completing the previous stage of online tax filing India steps. The starting part of the ITR form includes ‘General Instructions’ that can guide the user for filing the form appropriately and users are required to refer to the instructions in case of confusions in filing the form.
7. In this step for online tax filing India, the user has to provide relevant information in the different tabs of the ITR form such as tax details, paid taxes, income details and general information of the user. One significant aspect which must be looked after in this step refers to checking the similarity between the Tax payable amount displayed on the online ITR form and the calculations made by the user.
8. Prior to the final submission, the user should consider saving the data provided on the form alongside reviewing it for identifying mistakes. The user has to click on the ‘Preview and submit’ button in order to obtain a preview of the completed ITR form before submitting the form.
9. Submission of the form leads to uploading of the ITR form that is followed by the inquiry of the user regarding verification of returns through using one of the available choices.
10. Online income tax filing India steps also comprise of uploading the registered digital signature in the final step of ITR form submission. The ITR filing process is completed with the submission of the digital signature. Completion of the ITR filing process implies that there would be no requirement for further verification and submitting the acknowledgment in person at the CPC, Bengaluru.
Therefore it can be noticed that online tax filing India steps is not as tough a job as it is imagined to be. All you have to do is follow some simple steps and your tax returns are filed without any setbacks.